Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I lay upon my bed...

Nude by Renoir

I lay upon my bed,
The light turned out an hour ago,
The embers shimmer and glow inside,
The waves rolling off my skin,
Light the shadows all around.

I think of you and in my mind,
I hold your body close.

Although my heart would be for you,
A place of love and healing,
My mind tells me that what you need,
Is not what I can offer.

I focus on your pain,
On my desire to transform
That sharp thing,
Into something else.

As intense and overwhelming,
And consuming as my need.

My body and my soul want you still,
Even in your darkest hour.

To feel your force,
Your frustration and your anger,
Your loss and grief and despair,
Pouring into me,
Purged and purified.

To be battered in your arms,
To feel your violence and your hope,
To feel your control,
And your abandonment of it.

To feel your hands around my throat,
Pressed against the wall,
With no escape,
No choice,
But to surrender to your will,
And be conquered by your power.


3 comments: